Tuesday, November 22, 2011

STOP! Proceed With Caution! Rash Pics Below Downright Disgusting! But Necessary.

Seriously, I'm Not Kidding... Bad Rash Pics Below

Yes, I know the traffic sign seems a little dramatic, but the rash has gotten worse, sliding from a Stage 2 to a Stage 3 on the official rashonometer. I cannot find these stages anywhere on the Internet, but Stage 3 means that it is forming across entire areas of the body and stage 4 is life-threatening. Wonderful!

Okay, I Found The Stages:


Here is how MedlinePlus describes a rash:
A rash is an area of irritated or swollen skin. It might be red and itchy, bumpy, scaly, crusty or blistered. Rashes are a symptom of many different medical conditions. Things that can cause a rash include other diseases, irritating substances, allergies and your genetic makeup.

This Rash is driving me insane and nothing works. I have spent hundred of dollars at pharmacies, seen numerous doctors and dermatologists, and nobody has an answer beyond it will get better after you stop taking the drugs. Will it get better in a few days and clear up quickly. Nope! With the severity of a Stage 2 to Stage 3 rash, it could take several weeks. And that is the worst news yet because I thought it would be over quickly after I stopped the Protease Inhibitor on December 10. No such luck!

Okay, I am exhausted and my legs are howling with itches and my arms are wailing with taut itching and my back is mocking me because I cannot reach the rash so it's time to stop. Let me be clear about one thing: I am not showing the rash pictures to gross anyone out or to moan and whine about this poor little boy. No, the reason is to leave a truthful record behind for those who come after me. Over six million Americans are infected with the Hepatitis C virus and quite a few of them will suffer like me from such side effects. By not holding anything back, I feel better because I might just be of service to a future someone in my shoes who is suffering and needs to know they are not alone. That is why...














FORGIVE THE NEXT ONE BUT IT HAS TO BE SEEN. IT MAKES SITTING A STRUGGLE TO NEAR IMPOSSIBLE AT TIMES: THERE IS ZERO COMFORT!

What more needs to be said? My body is under siege and I am not well.

3 comments:

  1. I feel real bad for this person when he had this rash, it looks so uncomfortable and extremly painful. I hope u made a full recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have recovered from the rash, but still sick with ongoing side effects as treatment continues. I have a bunch of scars, but such is life, and it looks like the treatment worked and the Hep C is gone. I have been clear for over three months,

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, i think i am suffering with the same thing you had and its spreading over my entire body, not as severe as yours, but its getting there !!, how did you get rid of yours and did you use a treatment cream, ointment anything ??, please e-mail me i would appreciate your help thanks :) !!

    joshsbannersbroker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete