Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 100 Afternoon - Updated Rash Pics: I'm Not Really An Ass So I Won't Show My Ass But...

I apologize in advance for the graphic pictures below, and I recommend that you only look at them if you feel so obliged or so compelled. But it is essential for me to keep a record of the rash that is most likely being caused by BI's experimental protease inhibitor and just continues to spread. There are moments that I wish that it would all just go away, and there are days fallen to the wayside of the awe and shock of where the ass is spreading to and where it could possibly go.

Mind you, I am not a complete ash so I will not show a picture of my ass even though it has started to highlight the crack, and I will leave the jokes for you to add to the comments below if you so wish. But sitting is starting to become a question not quite at hand because that is one area I simply refuse to itch in public. I will do my best to hang onto the last shreds of my physical dignity. But this experience truly is a bitch and it is so damn exhausting and I know I will survive, but what the fuck...

Of course, there remains the question lurking in the shadows. If it gets worse, do I continue? Or do I wait for the rapidly growing Hep C industry to develop a better treatment down the line? Truly, I must admit, to have gone through all of this physical hell for nothing is a daunting possibility to face.

Here is how it looked this afternoon as I took so-so shots with my iPhone after a shower and before the application of the ointments and creams...


And ir never stops perambulating back and forth between the itchiness of poison ivy or chicken pox and the pain of a sun burn. And it refuses to be moisturized, sucking down the lotions and creams slathered over it, then snickering as it dances with the sandpaper spirit of the desert once again.



2 comments:

  1. I have the exact same rash as u do on your legs... its MISERABLE! I have Hep C and am on no treatments...what exactly is yours from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rash had nothing to do directly with the Hepatitis C... it was a side effect of the Protease Inhibitor that is never coming to market, even though I was cured, because it already has been eclipsed. For your rash, please go to a dermatologist because I doubt it is HCV related.

    For your HCV, please join the free and anonymous site Hepatitis Connect where I am now the Patient Advocate. It will give you the info that you need about treating HCV.

    ReplyDelete