Sunday, December 18, 2011

Night 126 - Good to Know! Drinking Coffee Doubles Hep C Treatment Responses, Minimizes Treatment Side Effects While Slowing The Progression of The Virus In The Liver

Drinking Coffee Doubles Hep C Treatment ResponsesCoffee Helps Minimize Hepatitis C Treatment Side EffectsCoffee Slows Progression of Hep C Liver DiseaseIs there anything a good cup of coffee (or three) can’t do? Not only does coffee consumption slow liver disease progression and increase the chances of success while undergoing treatment for chronic hepatitis C infection, but drinking three or more cups a day also appears to reduce the incidence of hep C treatment side effects by more than 80 percent. 


Now they tell us! I have been cutting back on my espresso for the last three months and missing it terribly. I thought coffee was bad for the liver and sped me up too much with all the prescription meds in my body. Alas, I was wrong, and now I get to indulge once again.

Whenever I walk into the Bourgeois Pig, the Baristas working always ask if I want a double espresso during the day. I have had to refuse for a few months now, but no longer. At night, I tend to drink tea with lemon and honey. Fascinating stuff, huh? 



No comments:

Post a Comment