Sunday, December 11, 2011

Night 119 - So Much News (Staph Infection and Viral Load Revealed) And Sorry For The Week Long Silence

Okay, I have a lot of news to share with you, both bad and good, and I apologize that I have not been writing in this blog. Although I am healing a bit now and off the Protease Inhibitor, I was so sick and so under siege for such a long time (over two months) that my body is exhausted, burned out and bared to the bone and simply broken down. Alas, I will be writing these blogs tomorrow, but this is a preview and a hello and a return to the act of my voice being present. Please understand and forgive the procrastination and the delays, but, as my best friend tells me almost every day, I have to remember to be good and kind to myself and to give John a break as he is struggling through a downright traumatic experience.
Found This On The Internet - Kind And Direct With A Lovely Flow
THE BIG NEWS TO BE FOCUSE IN THE NEXT TWO BLOGS:

1) The pain for the past month to six weeks was intense and being caused by a Staph Infection in the open sores from the rash on my arms and legs. Finally, after such a long time, a dermatologist swabbed the area and sent it to a lab. Immediately, I went on an intensely powerful Anti-Biotic, and within four days the Staph Infection was 80% gone. That was about a week ago. But can you believe it? A Staph Infection! And I thought I was being overly dramatic about the pain. Screw that! It was awful.

2) On Monday, they took my blood and the clinical trials were unmasked so the patients could find out their Viral Loads and how effective the treatment has been in eradicating Hepatitis C. If the viral load in your blood is over 2 million units, the doctors recommend treatment. When I began my viral load was over 20 million units! When the result came back on Thursday, the Hepatitis C virus was undetectable in my blood. It does not mean that I am cured because the virus is tricky and can take refuge in fat cells when it is under attack, but the treatment is definitely working! Thank God considering the hell of the side effects! More to come later...

I can't go on too much longer because I am experiencing the intense uncomfortable sense of my skin being unable to quiet itself and be calm. Although the itching is 75% better and the pain of the infection is gone, about once or twice a day and through the night, I constantly feel like I just walked through a spider-web. It's not like I feel a spider on me, but I feel the alien presence of the web. I can feel on my skin and in my hair and in my nose and around my eyes and in my ears and on my calves. Insane! Please don't think I am crazy because I know logically it is just a side effect and a disease and caused by damage and poisonous medication. But it feels real. Sometimes I think I am being punished and this is an example of a possible circle of hell. 
If You Walk Through It, Webs Stick To You; They Are There But Not There
Have you ever walked through a huge spider-web? I have done it several times in my life, mostly as a kid when I off adventuring and so forth, but it also happened to me about a year ago in my neighborhood. I was walking down my street at night and did not see that a spider had spun his web from a tree at the outer edge of a garden to a no parking sign. As I broke through it, I luckily never encountered the actual spider, but it was all over me and it was sticky and hard to see and even harder to remove. What you have to understand is I feel like every day and every night now because my skin is still under siege and reacting as though it is being violated. And there is nothing to do to stop it, except sit through it and maybe take a sleeping pill and hope I drift off and away into the temporary freedom of oblivion. Good night for now and thank for your love, support and understanding, and if you have a chance, please say a prayer that these final hellish sensation will pass into the history of this crucible

No comments:

Post a Comment