Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another Rash, More Itching, New Side Effect Of HCV Treatment - You Have Got To Be Kidding!

I must admit that I cannot believe I am writing these right now. It is so absurd that I am now being hit by a whole new side effect of the Ribavirin, an itchy rash that is not nearly as bad as before, but still sucks. The rash is nothing like the raised boils and insect-bite like bumps that I experienced before. The itching is nothing in comparison, although it is quite annoying. At this moment, my back and both of my thighs are itching. Not screaming like before, not the madness that has no answer, but a nasty rash that bites the big one. 

I guess the best comparison I can come up with is a Scarlet Fever rash that I had when I was a kid. The rash is not raised and is evenly spread across the areas like a red splotch. I am shaking my head and I cannot believe that I actually have to deal with this crap and convey my frustration and anger to you. This is not a picture of me below. It is from the Internet and a mild form of a Scarlet Fever rash. The new rash is not nearly as extensive or as bad, but you get a sense of what it is like.

I mean, Jesus Christ, I have less than a month left of treatment, and this is what the universe decides to throw my way. I would say it is downright unfair, but the words of Rabbi Mark Borovitz echo in my ears. Whenever someone would complain at Beit T'Shuvah, the Jewish rehab where I originally got sober in 2003, the Rabbi would laugh, point to the door, and say: "The Fair's in Pomona." For everyone unaware of California traditions, the yearly state fair is always held in Pomona. Still, as I try to maintain a certain stillness and not erupt into anger, I am pretty damn well pissed-off. 

It is so easy to lose faith. It is so easy for me to curse God and to believe that the universe is throwing more at me than I can handle. But this is bullshit. This is the voice of my fears and my past. I can handle this and whatever else come my way because a beautiful awaits. I just need to walk my path and believe that the sun will rise tomorrow and I am already cured. I do have faith that a lovely destiny is around the next bend at the end of the road in the city of my mind.


1 comment:

  1. Health wise, I feel like a child dancing in the rain ever since I got cured of hepatitis. I was diagnosed of HEPATITIS B and I was told it has no cure at the hospital, but I was given several antiviral medications to slow the virus’s ability to damage liver. But after sometime the medicine wasn't working and I became very sick with different symptoms like: vomiting, fatigue, dark urine, swollen stomach and so on. I went back to the hospital and I was told it has become chronic with liver problem, and out of frustration I went online to search for something new to try, and I came across Dr. IYABIYE's recommendation, I gave it a try hence it's a herbal medicine. And behold, I was cured after the treatment. I have to wait for months then went back to the hospital and still I was tested negative. You too will be cured. Contact: (Whatsapp: +2348072229413 or +2348158577300) iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete